Wednesday, September 10, 2014

This Poor Little Mama Robin...

robin bird photography nature photography At John's parents camp, there's this outhouse. About 2/3 times that I left the outhouse, this bird would anxiously fly by out from what I assumed was fear of me and the others. Eventually, the bird started to relax which is when we noticed it had a nest in a small tree just in front of the building. Pretty soon, it would just stay put as we walked by (I'm hoping it realized we weren't there to hurt it) and would protect it's babies. You could tell that this Robin was anxious though and we were all so worried about the fate of her little family that she was trying so hard to protect. It probably wasn't the best idea, but every now and then I would take out my zoom and try to snap a few photos of her when she was in a calmer state. I managed to get a couple of decent ones (see above) but to this day, we don't know what happened to her babies. I'm hoping they survived through the anxiety of the mom as she did fly away often when she would be startled. Like I said, I don't know the fate of the babies but I'm choosing to stay positive. :) Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment