Sunday, April 19, 2015

Hiking: Pincushion Mountain - Peachland, BC - Instagram

hiking british columbia peachland pincushion mountain

*This photo was taken with my iPhone (no filters)

Before we even moved to Kelowna, I spent plenty of time researching different types of activities we could become a part of. I knew right away that hiking was something I wanted to get into because of the amazing trails all over the Okanagan Valley. That's when I found Hiking Addiction.

Hiking Addiction is a group targeted towards people in their 20s and 30s and you basically just meet up each weekend and go for a hike on a different trail. Yesterday was our first meet up with Hiking Addiction at Pincushion Mountain and I only have great things to say about it. The coordinator was nothing but welcoming upon our arrival and there must have been about 30 people who showed up- some regulars, some brand new like us.

Anyway, onto the trail!

Pincushion Mountain (click the link if you want to read more about the trails) was classified as difficult on the Tourism Kelowna website and difficult it definitely was. The mountain was not small by any means, the gravel was very loose, we were walking along the edges of narrow "cliffs" and we had to climb over multiple rocks and logs. But oh my god, was it ever fun! The rush of climbing a mountain is quickly becoming one of my favorite things to do. My lungs were burning but we were definitely in decent shape because of the regular hikes we take at Rose Valley Regional Park.

By the time we got to the top of the mountain, the views were outstanding and arguably one of the prettiest views I've ever seen. The above photo is a snapshot of what we were lucky enough to see but if I could figure out how to use the panoramic on my iphone, I could have gotten a much wider picture as the lake went on for miles.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that we live in such a beautiful new city with lush greenery, the beautiful Okanagan Lake, never ending hiking trails and generally just amazing scenery surrounding us.

I feel so happy that we made the decision to move here and I'm starting to feel like Kelowna is a great place to call home. Yesterday after our hike, I sat outside to read a book and then came in and laid on the couch to take a nap and I can honestly say, I haven't felt that content in a very long, long time.



1 comment:

  1. 約炮視訊聊天室
    賣肉視訊聊天室
    老司機視訊聊天室
    愛愛視訊聊天室
    祼女視訊聊天室
    性直播視訊聊天室
    包養視訊聊天室
    小可愛視訊
    ut聊天室視訊
    小可愛視訊聊天室
    聊室語音視頻聊天室DJ美女在家視頻跳舞女人祼聊天網站av在線視頻語音聊天室視訊軟體下載
    風雲聊語音視頻聊天室韓國美女視頻跳舞床友網夫妻視訊午夜聊天室免費視訊軟體下載
    三三聊視頻聊天9158跳舞吧視頻美女yy戀戀直播間美女福利視頻秀台灣真人裸聊網路視訊軟體
    三聊視頻語音聊天室有色的日本美女視頻戀戀秀場直播間黃網址大全 成人 網站手機視訊軟體
    三聊視頻聊天網51百途女生56免費視頻日本視訊祼聊天室美女一對一視頻聊天辣妹視訊

    ReplyDelete