Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Update

kelowna british columbia

Weekdays in Kelowna prove to be a bit slower paced than the weekends.

Time is spent working Monday to Friday, which is just the way I like it. It gives me time to relax and do what I want in the evenings and on the weekends which is something I haven't had in a very long time. After work, we get stuck in horrendous traffic (the only downside that I've found so far about this beautiful city) and then either hike or run followed by cooking dinner. Lately, I've taken a liking to taking hot baths because our bathroom is actually nice and not moulding like before. Usually, we sleep by 9:30 as we're still getting used to the time change.

Living in this main floor apartment allows me to understand what I'll look for when we decide to buy: a kitchen with plenty of counter space, big bright windows, a walk in closet, a comfortable size bathroom with beige walls, and a quaint little window in our bedroom just beside our bed. These aspects are small, but they provide me with comfort; something I've been missing in our last 2 houses.

The downside with feeling so comfortable in our home is that cleaning tends to fall by the wayside. I'm not as high strung about messes so I feel like I should set aside a day each week to do a good cleaning throughout our tiny little unit. It'll help keep things comfortable.

This Saturday, we'll be hiking a mountain called "Pincushion" with a group called Hiking Addiction which I'm really excited about - we've developed a real interest in hiking and I'm excited to see something new.

Sort of an unstructured post today but just wanted to give an update!

No comments:

Post a Comment